PSM Auction No.2: Stamps I Won

I attended Philatelic Society Malaysia (PSM)'s second auction of the year, which is organized on a monthly basis today. In fact, this is my first time experiencing it since I have just signed up for the membership earlier this year. 

A very straightforward process, and there was not much competition in each lot. 

There were 300 lots in total today. Mr. Subramaniam had to take 5-minute breaks in between lots. 




Here is what I won:

BMA ovp short set


Quite toned but I figured the higher value ones are worth the RM11 buy. 

A good buy without much competition. Just a few bucks above its reserved price. Fiscally used, there is a faint 'IFFE' for OFFICE seen on the stamp. 


TB seal full sheet won at reserved price. I have been looking for this, and SABATA/NOBATA sheets for quite some time now.

Perf variety of the Quails. Uncontended. I remember talking to a few people about getting this in previous stamp fairs. This is definitely a good buy - solves all my problem to hunt for varieties. 

What's equivalent to 2 plates of Nasi Kandar (just with chicken)? This! 
A great buy at the reserved price.


A censored cover

Final lot, US TB seal in half sheet. 

Initially I set an economic budget of RM100 just for a few lots. Considering that the PSM stamp fair was announced to be cancelled for March, I thought I'd double my budget. Surprisingly, I walked out the clubhouse with enough change for lunch!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bar Cancels of Labuan: Part 1

Train Mail postmarks of North Borneo (1)

Identifying Paper Types of the B.M.A Malaya Overprint: Substitute, Chalk, and Thin Striated Paper